Indeed, over the past two years, the VALORANT meta has constantly changed. Accordingly, after Jett, Chamber has been dominating the scene as a hugely influential agent. However, with VALORANT Patch 5.12, it looks like the character’s reign is coming to an end.
VALORANT Patch 5.12 – Just Like Jett
Back at VALORANT Champions, Chamber had a ridiculous pick rate of 67% overall.
Finally with this upcoming patch, Riot Games is going to nerf Chamber one last time after multiple attempts.
Specifically, the VALORANT Patch 5.12 will involve the following changes for Jett:
- Headhunter (Q) – after 2nd bullet, accuracy reduction to make spamming less effective
- Rendezvous (E) – reduced distance, no height restriction, increased weapon equip time, no cooldown after destruction
- Trademark (C) – trap is now range restricted, can be recalled without line of sight, health increased
- Tour De Force (X) – reduction in fire rate by 57.5%
- Slow (Trademark and Tour De Force) – reduced duration
It seems that finally, Chamber will be only good for what he’s designed to do – being a site anchor, being a Sentinel.
More intelligent and careful use of Chamber’s utility adds tactics and makes him much less effective on offense. We can’t wait to see how this changes up the meta.