FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of games does esports include?
This is a very restrictive question, because esports covers such a wide variety of different video games. Indeed, any video game where you compete against another player can be considered as an esport. Popular categories of esport games include:
– Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas like League of Legends and Defense of the Ancients 2
– Real-Time Strategy Games like StarCraft 2
– First Person Shooters like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
– Fighting Games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat
– Sports Games
2. Do you stream any esports events?
YES! Almost all matches are streamed through our site as we collect and embed all major esports streams from the largest esports stream providers, like Twitch.tv, YouTube Gaming and Facebook. It should however be noted that we don’t own or claim to own any intellectual property in relation to the streaming platforms or in relation to the productions providing the stream. We act solely as a broadcaster of other companies’ and users’ streams.
3. Do the listed times refer to when the game starts or when the studio starts?
We aim to show the start of the actual match and the schedule is geo-located to the user and will show the schedule in that timezone.
4. What Esports matches do you currently cover?
Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota 2, CS:GO, Hearthstone, Starcraft II, Heroes of The Storm, Smite, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, Fortnite.
5. Why don’t you list every available esport match and will you add more?
We’ve chosen to limit the number of esports in order to deliver an adequate list of the most popular events. However, we’re continuously evaluating our service and plan to add more esports in the future. If you’d like us to add more esports, please contact us.
6. What are the main features I can use on esportsguide.com?
There are quite a few great features on esportsguide.com, but perhaps the best features are the ones which allow you to customise your filter, save preferences and create your own widget. But we’ll talk more about these features later…
7. How can I search for my favourite tournament/team/match?
Our team at esportsguide.com has tried its best to make your gaming experience as smooth sailing as possible. For quick and easy access, simply type in the name of your preferred tournament, team or match (via the search bar at the top right-hand side), and a list of related results is automatically generated to help find what you’re looking for.
8. Okay, so I’ve found my tournament/team/match. How can I filter my results and save them?
Select your team/tournament as a favourite, it will show as a clickable item in the filter. The preferences are saved in your cookies.
9. What’s the function of the Favourite feature?
Thanks to the Favourite feature, you can add your chosen teams or tournaments for additional things to filter on, therefore having better, more refined results.
10. What’s an Esportsguide-widget?
The widget is our esports schedule in a simple format. If you own a site/blog and would like your own esports schedule embedded into it, we have the solution. Here you can optimize it to your needs, if you’d like to only feature certain tournaments, teams or games it’s also possible.
11. How can I create my own Esportsguide-widget?
The widget on the Esportsguide-schedule is a compact format. But if you’d also like to have an esports schedule on your own website, it’s also possible. On the right-hand side, you’ll find the option to create your own widget. Once you click on the ‘Esportsguide-widget’ link, all you need to do is:
– Choose to implement the games, tournaments and/or teams you’d like to follow
– Enter your email address
– An html code will appear, simply paste this code into your website
And voilà! You’ve just created your very own widget!
12. I’m new to esports. Can I still play?
Of course! Perhaps one of the best things about esports is the fact that it’s so easy take part – whether you’re a newbie or seasoned player. All you need is a games console or a PC, a solid internet connection and a copy of the game. And apart from having a great time, it’s also a great way to familiarise yourself with the games and improve your esports bets.
13. Which are the best channels where I can watch esports games live?
As many would agree, the best place to watch live esports games is on Twitch.tv. This platform is specifically dedicated to gamers who’d wish to broadcast themselves playing games. In fact, most major live tournaments are usually streamed live on Twitch.tv. Then there’s the relatively new platform, YouTube Gaming, which is a ‘spin off’ from the classic YouTube channel everyone knows and loves. Here, gamers have the possibility to live stream their matches. Our team at Esportsguide.com works hard to select the best games these channels offer. Think of our site as your personal ‘filter’.
14. How do people win on esports games?
The rules for winning esports matches vary from one game to game. To give you a better idea, we’ve decided to list some of the major esports games and their winning conditions below:
– League of Legends and Dota 2 – destroy the opponents’ main building (the Nexis in LoL and the Ancient in Dota 2)
– Starcraft 2 – terminate all your opponent’s buildings.
– Hearthstone – reduce the opponent’s Champion to 0 health points.
– Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – win 16 rounds by either planting and effectively detonating a bomb or averting the opponent from planting and setting off a bomb.
15. What should I look for when choosing an esports teams?
When betting on an esports team, there are several things you might want to keep in mind. Some of the main things you should look at are the following:
– Whether the team has changed any players in their roster
– The team’s recent form
– Their form against the team they’re playing in the match you’re betting on
– The match/tournament odds
Based on your answer to these questions, you need to ask yourself: are the odds being offered at a good value?
We hope you’ve found this page helpful. If you have a question that’s not included in here, please get in touch with us . We’ll try to reply as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours!